Review: Snapchat Makes Photo Sharing Safe

Snapchat is a popular new app that students all around Northern who own an iPhone or Droid are using. On the Snapchat app you can take funny pictures and send them to your friends instantly. When you send the picture, you can allow your friends to see it for a set number of seconds. After the picture is opened, you can’t look at it again. “I love the app, Snapchat, because it is fun to send stupid pictures of myself to my friends. Them only being able to see the picture for a few seconds makes it even more fun,” said sophomore Taylor Morse.

Snapchat is a new and fun way of connecting with friends through pictures. “It’s a fun way of communicating instead of just texting people all of the time. You can send people funny faces or pictures of things instead of just writing,” said freshman Lauren Cutlip.

Snapchat photos post for ten seconds then disappear.

None of the photos in Snapchat can be saved by the receiver. It was designed to allow teens and others to safely send photos to their friends without fear that a photo might be downloaded, posted or shared by others.  “On Snapchat, you can look as dumb as you want to because no one can look at the picture again. Snapchat is my new favorite app to use!” said Morse. Grade: A

–Emily Bennett, The Patriot Press

Skip to toolbar