Students Attend Florida Georgia Line Concert

Seniors Erica Baxa and Jenna Dean between Brian Kelley and Tyler Hubbard of Florida Georgia Line

On Saturday, August 31, many Northern students attended the Florida Georgia Line and Gary Allan concert at the St. Leonard Firehouse in St. Leonard. It seemed to be a great turn out and a few students even got to meet the band. “I freaked out when Jenna (Dean, senior) and I got handed meet and greet passes. I was so surprised and I started crying. it was a great moment,” said Senior Erika Baxa. “We got handed the passes and even though I was on crutches, I crutched over to the band so fast, it was so fun, and they’re both so funny and nice. I’m glad we got to meet them,” said Dean.

Although Gary Allan was the headliner of the event, NHS students universally seemed excited to see Florida Georgia Line. Everyone at the concert had a great time listening to awesome music. Some even got to catch up with old friends. “It was a ton of fun. My favorite part was chilling with all my friends and seeing a lot of people I haven’t seen in a while with good music in the background.” said Junior Ryan Knight. Country music is popular in Calvert County leading to the event selling out.

“Walking around the concert seemed to be like a high school reunion,” said Baxa. “I ran into a lot of my friends and even saw Mr. (Ken) Seibert.”

Calvert County is a small place and it’s exciting when headliners play here. “Jenna wasn’t the only one crippled at the concert. No injuries can hold Northern students back from Florida Georgia Line,” said sophomore Joey Almony.

– Paige Cunningham, The Patriot Press

Skip to toolbar