Q&A with Local Band Just Shoot Me

The band Just Shoot Me includes Mark Bessler, A.J Polesol, and Will Teague-Sharkey. We asked them ten questions as a group about what they do.

Members of Just Shoot Me

Members of Just Shoot Me

Q:When did you become a band?

A: We started considering ourselves a band after our first show at the house of our friend, Nick Whittington.

Q:What type of music do you all play?

A: The type of music we play would be classified as punk/ska.

Q: What has influenced you?

A: The bands we grew up listening to like Rancid, Nirvana, and Alkaline Trio as well as our personal experiences influence the type of music we play.

Q: Where did the name of the band come from?

A: The name Just Shoot Me came from a short-lived sitcom starring David Spade that we all enjoyed.

Q: What’s your favorite part of being in a band?

A: Will – My favorite part of being in a band is performing and writing songs.

Mark –  My favorite part of being in a band is just performing and hearing back from people about how they like us and our music.

A.J –  My favorite part of being in a band is hanging out with my best friends and our late night trips to Mcdonalds.

Q: Is this for fun, or do you plan on pursuing music as a career?

A: We do this for fun, but if possible we would love to pursue being in a band as a career.

Q: How long have you all known each other?

A: A.J and Will have known each other since fourth grade. Mark came into the group in seventh grade.

Q: Do you think you are succesful for a local Calvert County band?

A: Yes, we do think we are successful because we get the oppurtunity to play shows in front of  a lot of people with good bands.

Q: Have you recorded?

A: We only have one EP out that we have recently released. You can purchase one from any of us for $2.

Q: When is your next show?

A: Our next show will be at 8191 Jennifer Lane in Owings, Maryland at Club Badd. (Look for signs.)

–Bianca Martinez, WNHS-TV

Skip to toolbar