Do You Believe in Love at First Sight?

loveRelationships come with many obstacles, whether it’s dating someone from a different school, or dating someone across the country. Northern students learn to deal with it because, “It makes you stronger,” according to Junior Miranda Allison.

Even when students go to the same school, they still have obstacles. Freshman Olivia Reilly knows how this feels. “Seeing my boyfriend Nick around all the other girls sometimes makes me wish he went to another school, so I wouldn’t have to deal with it,” she said. On the other hand, being together can have its perks. “I like going to the same school with my boyfriend Justin because it gives me something to look forward to. I like seeing him everyday,” said Freshman Lavinia Doan.

Other Northern students choose to date someone from a different school. After dating for six months, Northern Junior Rachel Ward and Huntingtown Junior David Lovoie enjoy their space during the school week. “I like dating people from other schools because I don’t want to get sick of him,” said Ward laughing. Like Ward, Northern Senior Darryl Baxter dates Huntingtown Senior Alex Haughey. “Where she goes to school really does not affect our relationship, although I wish we could see each other more often. I guess it’s a good thing though because when we do get to see each other, it’s more exciting,” said Baxter.

For Northern Junior Miranda Allison, not seeing her guy during the week is the least of her worries. Her boyfriend, Ryan Saunders, is currently in the Marines. “As of right now he is in Parris Island, South Carolina, about ten hours away,” she said. Because the Marines are very strict, their only communication right now is through letters. “Every time I get a letter from him I jump in joy,” said Allison.

It doesn’t matter how close or far apart you are from each other: “It just shows how much more you really care for each other,” said Allison.

– Jessica Ward and Peyton Colgan, Journalism One

Skip to toolbar